Friday 25 June 2010

Research and Identification

Proposed newspaper names:
1.Harrogate Observer
2.Harrogate Voice
3.The Harrogate Herald
4.Harrogate Journal
5.The Harrogate Echo

I wanted to find out which of my name ideas were most popular, so I asked 10 people in the Harrogate area for which they prefer. The results show that the most popular name was Harrogate Voice therefore I will most likely use this for the name of my newspaper.

Price
From researching local newspapers, they are priced at around 90p, so therefore I will base my newspaper price similar to this to match the generic convention.
Typical articles.

From analysing three various local newspapers I can identify that the Harrogate Advertiser consists of mainly hard news and human interest, whereas the Nidderdale Herald focuses on articles to do with human interest and the Knaresborough post uses a lot of entertainment stories such as gig scenes, bed race and television news etc. Therefore I can see that although they are all largely targeted at the same group, each newspaper have specific qualities or areas that vary within each newspaper.

Typical Word length, Layout and Structure
Nidderdale (and Pateley bridge) Herald


No comments:

Post a Comment